Networking and Contacts
Perhaps the greatest benefit of membership is the people you will meet who all work with similar issues that focus on efficient, and cost effective management of Silicon Valley facilities. Some are facility technicians, engineers, managers, and supervisors. Others provide service and products to the facility pros. Everyone however, is interested in strengthening and improving the profession through education, sharing ideas, and lessons learned.
Local Meetings and Facility Tours
The Silicon Valley Chapter hosts monthly meetings to keep you abreast of the latest technologies in the industry and to network with other facility professionals. Lunch & Learn events are scheduled monthly and geared to technical discussions of topics of interest to facility pros. On the national level, the AFE supports more than 20 important regional trade shows across the country. Check out AFE39 event Calendar.
- Certified Plant Engineer
- Certified Professional Maintenance Manager
- Certified Plant Supervisor
- Certified Facility Energy Analyst
Professional Development & Online Learning Resources
The AFE offers facilities engineering and managers opportunities for education at annual national and regional conferences. Web-based training courses and webinars are offered year round, (many of which are free for members). Check out these great tools & resources!
- AFE Journal
- AFE Newsletter
- Facilities Marketplace
- Need to find someone with some specific expertise or want to provide help for others? Search or post company profiles & services for nationwide visibility.
- AFE Connections
- Video tutorials of the major facilities maintenance & engineering disciplines; AFE’s best practices within these disciplines, and a regularly updated variety of CONNECTIONS to industry-related formulas and ‘real-time’ calculators.
- Events Calendar
- Career Center