Networking and Contacts
Perhaps the greatest benefit of membership is the people you will meet who all work with similar issues that focus on efficient, and cost effective management of Silicon Valley facilities. Some are hands-on facility technicians, engineers, managers, and supervisors. Others provide service and products to the facility pros. Everyone however, is interested in strengthening and improving the profession through education, sharing ideas, and lessons learned.
Professional Development and Education
The AFE offers facilities engineering and managers opportunities for education at annual national and regional conferences. Web-based training courses and webinars are offered year round, (many of which are free for members).
- Certified Plant Engineer
- Certified Plant Maintenance Manager
- Certified Plant Supervisor
- Certified Facility Energy Analyst
Local Meetings and Facility Tours
The Silicon Valley Chapter hosts monthly meetings to keep you abreast of the latest technologies in the industry and to network with other facility professionals. Lunch & Learn events are scheduled monthly and geared to technical discussions of topics of interest to facility pros. On the national level, the AFE supports more than 20 important regional trade shows across the country.
Online Learning Resources
- AFE Journal
- AFE Newsletter
- AFE Facilities Marketplace
- Need to find someone with some specific expertise? Need a vendor solution to a specific challenge? Want to provide help for others? Log on to the facilities marketplace and look up another member who can help you.
- AFE Connections
- This is your web-portal to an ever increasing number of industry-related formulas and ‘real-time’ calculators. These CONNECTIONS are updated regularly to keep you equipped with the latest tools of technology offered within the facilities maintenance & engineering industry.
- AFE Career Center
- Looking for a job? Looking for an employee? The AFE hosts a marketplace for facilities experts to find employment opportunities.